Program and Refund Policy
By enrolling in our program, you agreed to abide by our program and refund policy.
10% discount for siblings. That is, if more than one child from the same family is enrolled in summer Ya Ya programs during the same session, then a 10% discount will be applied to the sibling(s).
Please keep your child at home if they have a fever, vomiting, diarrhea, persistent cough, red eyes and discharge, or any other illness or suspected contagious disease, including but not limited to Covid, strep throat, conjunctivitis (pink eye), flu, impetigo, coxsackie virus, or head lice. A signed note from your child’s doctor will be required to clear your child of any suspected contagious illness, prior to returning to any class. If a child tests positive for Covid, please follow the recommended quarantine by New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene at the time of the illness. A child who has had a fever must be fever free without medication for at least 24 hours before returning to classes.
You must inform us via email of any permanent or temporary medical or other conditions, including special dietary and medication needs, which should be known about your child prior to their enrollment in our program, or if arising after the program has begun, immediately upon diagnosis. In the event that a child becomes ill during class, our staff will contact authorized pick-up personnel or emergency contacts to pick up your child immediately.
The school will seek professional medical attention for your child if and when necessary. You agree that, in the event of an emergency injury or illness, our staff may act on your behalf and at your expense in obtaining medical treatment for your child. You must provide a primary and alternate emergency contact for your child who can be reached at the contact information provided in an emergency. The emergency contact(s) will be notified immediately of any illness or injury to their child, regardless of the severity, and must pick up the child from our school.
No Make-up Class
There will be no make-up class for any missed class due to any reason. Please understand that the cost of the school operation and teacher salaries remain the same regardless of the attendance of the students. We thank you for your understanding and support for our school.
Please always be punctual. When pick-up time is later than the designated time, an incremental childcare fee ($1 per minute) will be charged and billed to the account accordingly in the sole discretion of the School. If the Student is not picked up after one hour, and no one has responded to telephone calls or emails, the following procedure will be taken: (1) School will continue to call all numbers listed on the emergency contact form; (2) the Police Department will be called and will send an officer to the school; (3) If after 3 hours, the school is still unable to reach the Parent or any emergency contact for the child, the Police will then call Child Protective Services.
Refund and Cancellation Deadlines
- Tuition includes all lesson materials, snacks and lunch.
- Registration must be paid in full before your child can attend class.
- To switch to a different summer session, a $50 administrative fee will be charged for each transaction. A written request with timestamp no later than 5/1/2023 must be emailed to email@example.com before a switch will be considered. Please note that a switch cannot be guaranteed and it will only be accommodated if a spot is available.
- A written request with a timestamp no later than 5/1/2023 must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org before a refund request will be considered. $300 administrative fee will be deducted. No refunds will be issued after the deadline.
- There are no make-up classes or partial refunds for any missed class due to any reason.